In Search of Sunrise: 10 – Mixed by YOU?
Over the last 5 months, through his Vs. The World’ project, Richard Durand – one of the most respected and consistent names in the genre – has been searching out tomorrow’s trance generation. We’re talking about producers, composers, engineers, singers and lyricists. But that circle wouldn’t be complete without… DJs!
He’s now ready to launch the next incredible phase of the mission. In a dream-come-true, once-in-a-lifetime-type opportunity, here’s your chance to make your personal mark on the most respected trance compilation series of all time. You’ll have the chance to tread where only Richard and Tiësto have stepped before… so read on!
ISOS guardian Durand (in cooperation with Black Hole Recordings) will be sharing the next release’s limelight with one other DJ. And that DJ could be you!
Over the last 10 years – throughout Tiësto and Richard’s tenures as its mix-master – In Search Of Sunrise has premiered some of the biggest trance tracks of all time – Deadmau5’s ‘Arguru’, Andain’s ‘Summer Calling’ and First State’s ‘Falling’ among them. Likewise it has captured some of the scene’s biggest names at their embryonic stages, and broken countless underground tracks into the bargain. To date, between them, they’ve compiled over 200 tracks onto the albums. To celebrate the country/continent-hopping series’ landmark 10th edition, Richard is challenging you to draw up your short-list of the cream of that crop and, using all your skills, whip them into your all-time, best-ever In Search Of Sunrise classic mix.
This though could be the mix that changes your life! One of you out there right now will become only the third person on the planet to mix an actual ISOS disc! Richard and Black Hole will be taking on the doubtless epic task of listening to all the submitted mixes that fall within the rules of the contest (details below). They’ll be on the lookout for someone with track selection, intuition and mixing skills required to capture the absolute essence of an ISOS disc. If you’ve ever picked up one of the albums and thought ‘lucky devils, bet I could do that’ here’s where you step up! The winner’s mix will feature as the third disc of In Search Of Sunrise 10: Australia. Your name will go up in lights (and be on the cover!), your mix will be coming out of speakers in every country on the planet and you’ll become the toast of your trance loving buddies forever! Best of all though you’ll have made your mark on trance compilation history. This contest really is as BIG as it gets!
Head to Beatport to check the tracks:
Richard and Black Hole will be taking on the doubtless marathon task of listening to all the submitted mixes that fall within the rules of the contest (details below and right – play close attention!). They’ll be on the lookout for someone with the track selection, intuition and mixing skills required to capture the supreme essence of an ISOS disc.
The winner’s mix will feature as the third disc of ‘In Search Of Sunrise 10: Australia’. Your name will go up in lights (and will be on the cover!) and you’ll become the toast of each and every one of your trance loving buddies… forever!
Perhaps best of all though you’ll have left your own indelible mark on trance compilation history… and that’s an unbeatable, unrepeatable proposition.
THE FOLLOWING IS IMPORTANT – DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR MIX WITHOUT READING!
– Mixes must be submitted on or before the 9th of May 2012. Any mixes received after that date will not be admissible to the contest and therefore not judged.
– Every entry must be submitted with a full numbered tracklist featuring the artists, titles and remix names as a Word document. Entries that do not include this will not qualify for entry.
– As Eminem said: “you only get one shot!” The competition is strictly one entry per person. We are after your one absolute best mix. Not multiple ‘they may like this/they may like that’, entries’.
– When you submit you need to include your REAL name and your DJ name, your e-mail address, postal address and mobile number (including country dialing code) in another Word .doc. The winner’s identity will be thoroughly checked and if they are found to have used a pseudonym, they’ll be disqualified. Don’t risk it!
– Submit your mix by weTransfer.com as a 320kbps MP3 file and send to email@example.com. Again entries via other upload sites will not be downloaded/counted.
– Only the remix of the track that was used on an actual ISOS album can be utilized in your mix. Head to Beatport to check the tracks here and here
– Black Hole are looking for a mix with a maximum of 15 tracks and running no more than 78 minutes.
– You are free to use any mixing tools available to you.
– No discussions will be entered into regarding the final result.
– The winner will be announced in mid May.
– Best of luck to you!
You must log in to post a comment.